COLUMBIA RIVER GIRLS BASKETBALL ~ 2019-20
Columbia River Girls Basketball Coaching Staff
Head Coach Will Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Varsity Coach Darnell Scruggs email@example.com
C-Team Coach Roger Farrar firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Coach Jessica Strange
Tryouts: November 18th-19th, 2019 4:30pm – 7pm CRHS Main Gym
PLAYERS WILL NEED TO HAVE BASKETBALL/ATHLETIC SHOES TO PARTICIPATE AT TRYOUTS – PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU NEED HELP IN GETTING ATHLETIC ATTIRE BEFORE THE START OF BASKETBALL SEASON
DURING TRYOUTS, WE WILL BE EVALUATING THE FOLLOWING:
• Individual skill level (ability to dribble, pass, shoot, defend and rebound, etc.)
• Extraordinary effort (looking for players that PLAY HARD ALL THE TIME)
• Ability to accept coaching and/or constructive criticism
• Positive teammates (treating players with respect and enthusiasm)
• Grades, attendance and school discipline will also be factored in as well
Players will be notified of their team placement at the end of tryouts on November 19th
Keep the following dates open:
Saturday Practices 8:00a-10:00a OR 10:00a-12:00p Location: CRHS
Holiday Practices TBD (See Calendar) Location: CRHS
Holiday Tournament December 26th-28th (Varsity) Location: Tacoma, WA (Wilson HS)
Holiday Tournament December 26th – 28th (C-Team/JV) Location: Evergreen HS
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE IF PLAYERS WILL BE MISSING BECAUSE OF PRIOR ARRANGMENTS BEFORE TRYOUTS…WE DON’T WANT ANY SURPRISES WITH REGARDS TO TIME MISSED!
*Athletes need to be flexible with their schedules…as things may change or come up!
ALL practice DATES/TIMES are subject to change. We will inform players of changes to the schedule as quickly as possible.
Questions regarding this letter, please email me: Will.Jones@vansd.org